Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have been reading the assigned article about "Growing up with Google: What it Means to Education" and I came across a great idea. The article was talking about geotagging and its virtual uses for online scavenger hunts. At Mississippi State University, we have a new online Master of Science degree in Forestry. One of the first classes has an introduction to the university. The professor and I have discussed doing a scavenger hunt for various resources that the online students may need to know but may not think about since they are not on campus. I am thinking this would be an awesome way to introduce students to the MSU community. One compliant this that there is a disconnect for online students and the institution they attend because they are not physically there.

I think more research is needed to check this out. I'll let you know what I find out.
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Have not had a great deal of time to look for geotagging information. However, the little I have done has not netted a great deal of results. Will keep looking.
    JR

    ReplyDelete