Saturday, July 17, 2010

Technology woes

I have learned a great deal this week about the use oa technology and the impact it has on our everyday lives. Knowing that I would be in a technology restricted area I purchased an aircard to ensure that I would be able to have access to my classes. Coupled with the iPhone I thought I was set. Wrong! I was unable to participate in the discussions because I could not post any replies. Half of the time it took 20 minutes or longer go even open WebTycho.

My point in this rant, as it applies to distance education is that the majority of students who participate in online courses are working and in many cases traveling. In my case, I will be traveling 3 out if the next 4 weeks. When choosing course management systems and other technologies which enhance the instruction we must keep in mind accessibility issues and provide alternatives and/or modifications got our students.

In an age when technology has become such an everyday necessity, we need to remember to make sure that our learning Programs keep pace with the technology.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment